Off-site optimization is primarily focused on building links from authoritative and relevant sites.
The link building process includes:
- Researching valuable opportunities for link-building outreach.
- Prioritizing options based on time, effort, and expected return value.
- Strategizing outreach (such as email, submissions, forum discussion, etc.).
- Tracking new inbound links generated.
Local SEO ties into many of the above SEO tactics and is especially important for local or regional businesses and businesses with brick-and-mortar locations.
- Ensuring your organization has listings in most of the prominent locations (especially Google).
- Ensuring that your listings are consistent across all channels and sites.
- Optimizing your site and content using specific local keywords, like city or state names, where applicable.
- Link building with relevant local directories, business organizations, and groups.